Thursday, November 8, 2012

Quick Sketches / Desenhos Rápidos



Self-portraits; pen and watercolor on paper / Auto-retratos; caneta e aguarela sobre papel


I'm doing blind drawings again (drawing without looking at the paper with a continuous line), but now I use it mostly for the start and then I use watercolor to put it all together. However, I can see I'm getting better at it, I think it's because I've been drawing with a wacom tablet on a daily basis for almost a year now. With it I can never look at the "paper" so it's all about coordinating the hand with the eyes constantly. I love doing these because it's always a surprise when I look at what I did.

* * *

Estou a fazer desenhos cegos outra vez (desenhar sem olhar para o papel com uma linha continua), mas agora uso-o mais para o começo do desenho e quando mudo de objecto volto a olhar obviamente. No final uso aguarela para "juntar" tudo. Acho que estou a melhorar bastante porque tenho desenhado diariamente desde o início do ano com uma wacom tablet. Com a tablet nunca se pode olhar para o "papel" então tem tudo a ver com a coordenação olhos-mão.
Adoro a expressividade que este tipo de desenho dá e da surpresa que é olhar para o papel no final.

1 comment:

Lisa Graham Art said...

This sort of drawing is so hard to do I think but so good for you I know.

I saw your tweet with your blog link today and so happy to have found you. Your work is lovely and I look forward to seeing more.

Greetings from Wichita, Kansas ...middle of the USA.